Effective Date: September 1st, 2019
This Platform is operated in the United States and Canada and intended for use by individuals who are located in those countries.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services for our users. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- Professional Information. We may collect information about your company. This may include the name of your company. It may also include your job title and the type of company you work for.
- Information You Submit or Post. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. This may also include any information or content that you post in a public space on our Platform, to your project, or to the projects of others. This may also include information when you enter a promotion.
- Demographic/Geographic Information. For example, we may collect information like your age or zip code. We might collect this when you create an account or enter a promotion.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your username and password.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect what products or pages you have viewed on the Platform.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly from You. For example, when you register for an account, enter a promotion, or submit information to the Platform. We also collect information from you when you interact with the Platform, such as creating a project, liking certain products, or submitting requests to manufacturer representatives. This also includes when you interact with our social media platforms.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors. This may also include when another user shares their project with you or adds you to a project.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback. This may also include notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age and jurisdiction of residence.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products or projects you have viewed, shared, or saved.
- To Communicate with You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple platforms.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf, help us implement promotions, or help us run our Platform.
- With Other Platform Users. For example, we may share your information if you choose to make your project visible to other users. We may also share your information when you invite other users to view or modify your project.
- With Our Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners. For example, this may include our advertising partners.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, acquires or is acquired, or sells part of its business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply with the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud. This may include fraud during a promotion or sweepstakes. We may also share information if you are the winner of sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13 and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy online here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device-specific.
You can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depend on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device-specific.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at (312)-380-0585. You may also write to us at the following address:
20 W Kinzie St, 17th floor
Chicago, IL, 60654
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.
PLEASE CONTACT US
Naperville IL 60540
Tel. 312. 380. 0585